The UCD Applied Language Centre (ALC) offers a wide range of programmes in the following areas:
- English as a foreign and second language
- English for Academic Purposes pathways for international students
- Foreign language for credit modules for undergraduate and graduate students
- Graduate programes in Teaching English to Speakers of Othe Langauges (TESOL)
- Administration Jobs - Full Time/Part Time
The ALC is Ireland's largest and most experienced Examination Centre for IELTS and Cambridge English examinations with test dates offered regularly each month. The cenre has more than 3,000 students taking courses and 5,000 examination candidates each year.
For current job opportunities at the ALC see below.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Applications are invited for a teaching position on the UCD Applied Language Centre’s English for Academic Studies programme (20 hours per week, 9.00-13.00, Mon-Fri).
The post is initially for 10 weeks, from Monday 15th January until Friday 23rd March 2018, but there may be the possibility of continued work throughout the year. An induction day will be arranged prior to the post beginning.
Please note the following requirements.
· Undergraduate degree (any discipline)
· Recognised TEFL qualification
· Significant EFL teaching experience
· Experience teaching EAP
· Post-graduate qualification (any discipline, especially if related to TESOL/Applied Linguistics)
· IELTS experience
The successful candidate will
· plan and deliver lessons to classes of up to 15 students
· attend weekly programme meetings
· help to mark placement tests and end-of-programme assessments
· write reports on students as required
Please submit a cover letter and up-to-date CV to Dr Alex Runchman at email@example.com. Applications are welcome until the position is filled. Applications received after the position has been filled will be considered if future positions arise.
For any further enquiries please contact:
Dr. Alex Runchman, EAS Coordinator, UCD Applied Language Centre, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4. firstname.lastname@example.org
Exam Invigilators 2017-2018