The Higher Education Access Route (HEAR) is a third level admissions scheme for school leavers from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
The Disability Access Route (DARE) is an admissions scheme to promote equity of access to higher education for school leavers with a disability.
UCD has a reserved number of places to offer eligible HEAR and DARE students. For details of application procedures please see www.accesscollege.ie. You will be considered if
- You have a minimum of 300 points
- You have met all of the entry requirements for the course
- You are within 20% of the points required (e.g. if the cut-off is 500 you must have at least 400 points)
There are approximately 5% of UCD places reserved for HEAR eligible applicants and 5% for DARE eligible applicants. Please click here for details of the target number of places we have to offer.
For 2018 entry, students will be prioritised when allocating reduced points places if they:
- are both HEAR and DARE eligible
- OR have a physical disability
- OR have a sensory disability
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Link to admissions page for further information on how HEAR and DARE places are allocated in UCD.
Places and post-entry support:
As well as being allocated a place on a reduced points basis, students who secure a place through HEAR or DARE are offered a variety of academic, personal and social supports while studying at third level such as:
- An orientation programme to introduce students to university.
- Budgeting and goal setting meetings.
- Academic and exam accommodations.
- Advice regarding grants and scholarships.
- Assistive technology.
- Academic Skills workshops
- Social gatherings.
18th October in Ferrycarrig Hotel, Wexford; 7-9pm
20th November in Walkinstown Library, Percy French Road, Dublin 12; 7-8pm
21st November in Ballyfermot Civic Centre, Ballyfermot Road, Dublin 10; 7.30 - 8.30pm
22nd November in Sutherland School of Law (room L024), UCD, Dublin; 7-9pm
One to One Application Clinics
18th January 2018 in Ferrycarrig Hotel, Wexford; 2-7pm
20th January 2018 - Nationwide
UCD Open Day
4th November, UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4; 10am - 4pm. More information at ucdopenday.ie