Temporary Exam Support
Temporary Exam Support is arranged by Access & Lifelong Learning for students sitting official end of semester exams who require exam supports due to recent injury or illness. For example, a student who has broken their wrist may benefit from the use of a computer or other support to complete their exam.
The closing date for applications for the end of semester exams for Semester Two is Friday the 27th of April. Emergency requests will be considered after this date when accommpanied by appropriate documentation.
Unfortunately, students with an infectious/contagious illness cannot be accommodated in the exam halls.
How do I start and/or view my application?
You can access the Temporary Exam Support Application process here or by:
- logging into SISWEB
- clicking on the Registration, Fees and Assessment menu
- clicking on My Temporary Exam Support Application
What do I need to complete my application?
Please have a scanned copy of your medical documentation e.g. Medical Cert ready to be uploaded to the system.
How do I complete my application?
- Please click My Temporary Exam Support Application in SISWEB and then click Apply to start your application.
- Please enter your application details in the form - Medical Details, Date of Next Exam and Support type and click Submit documentation.
- Please upload your documentation using the Upload link in the bottom left of the form.
- When you have successfully uploaded your documentation, click Submit and you will receive an acknowledgment email.
For any questions or help regarding your Temporary Exam Support Application, please contact
- UCD Access & Lifelong Learning Centre , Level 1, James Joyce Library Building, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4
- Email: Temporarysupport@ucd.ie
What happens next?
Once your application is received we will review it and send notification to your UCD email account outlining whether or not your application has been successful. You can log back into the system to print off your Temporary Exam Support letter to bring to the examination hall with you. This letter must be brought to each exam as well as your UCARD.
Permanent or Ongoing Conditions
If you have a permanent or ongoing condition you should register with UCD Access & Lifelong Learning for Disability Support – please email email@example.com to request a Needs Assessment appointment if this applies to you.
Note the following
- It is your responsibility to notify the relevant School(s) of your situation.
- Emergency Temporary Exam Support is based on the medical confirmation provided on your form only.
- If your illness, injury or disability requires ongoing support, you must register with UCD Access & Lifelong Learning for Disability Support.
- If you require an amanuensis/scribe, you should have adequate practice of working with an amanuensis before taking your exam(s) as you may find it difficult to adjust to using this support.
- Emergency temporary exam support is only applicable to end of semester exams.
UCD Access & Lifelong Learning Centre , Level 1, James Joyce Library Building, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4