Identity Statement for St Enda's School
- Reference code: IE UCDA P43
- Title: Archives of St Enda's School
- Dates: 1909–10
- Level of description: Item
- Extent: 4 items
St Enda's was founded in 1909 in Cullenswood House, Dublin, by Patrick Pearse as a boys' school with an entirely Gaelic ethos. Thomas MacDonagh was the first teacher on its books, along with William Pearse, Margaret Pearse, Joseph MacDonagh and Con Colbert. It ran into financial difficulties, however, and closed in 1935.
Material relating to St Enda's School, including letter from Patrick Pearse to Professor William Magennis requesting him to become a member of the Board of Governors; circular letter from Pearse outlining the objectives and courses of the school; copy of An Macaomh, the school magazine with articles in Irish and English including contributions by Thomas MacDonagh and Stephen McKenna.