Identity Statement for Irish National Union of Woodworkers
- Reference code: IE UCDA TU11
- Title: Records of the Irish National Union of Woodworkers
- Dates: 1905-1981
- Level of description: Fonds
- Extent: 74 boxes
The Irish National Union of Woodworkers was registered on 21 March 1922, one of many new unions formed on the creation of Saorstat Eireann, the Irish Free State, in opposition to British-based unions. It merged with the Irish Society of Woodcutting Machinists to form the Irish National Union of Woodworkers and Woodcutting Machinists on 3 January 1979. It merged again with the Ancient Guild of Incorporated Brick and Stonelayers Trade Union to form the Building and Allied Trade Union (BATU) in 1998.
It was affiliated to the Irish Trade Union Congress (ITUC) from 1954 to 1995.
This collection was deposited in UCD Archives.
Head Office records (1921 - 1981): minutes, General Secretary's reports, financial records, membership records, correspondence.
Branch records (1921 - 1978): minutes, financial and membership records, benefit records and correspondence from the following branches Dublin No. 1, Limerick, Limerick Carpenters, Carlow, Edendarry, Newbridge, Dublin No.2, Killarney, Thurles, Dublin No.3 (Furnishing), Waterford, Arklow, Dublin No. 4 (Polishers), Tipperary, New Ross, North Cork, Longford, Athy, Dublin No. 5, Wexford, Gorey, Carrick-on-Suir, Kilkenny and Premier.