UCD Career Development Centre enables students to make informed decisions about their career choices, take steps to realise their goals and to develop the capacity to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
In order to facilitate this process, and to support the University in developing the employability of its students, employers, professional and recognised voluntary bodies can expect provision of the following:
Opportunity to load vacancies directly to our searchable vacancy database (www.ucd.ie/careers/employers), systems and procedures to publicise organisations and their vacancies to students and recent graduates of the University through various hard and social media (all vacancies are checked before publishing by a member of the CDC team in accordance with quality control procedures and professional requirements).
- Free advertisement of vacancies, placements, vacation schemes and other appropriate opportunities
- Facilitated access to relevant Schools and students when appropriate for targeted advertising of internship and graduate vacancies and relevant competitions
- Facilities for conducting selection interviewing and testing on campus, whenever possible
- Facilities for making formal presentations on campus with associated free publicity for such events
- Participation in profile-raising programmes of activities for students, including Recruitment Fairs, briefings, awareness-raising and skills training as appropriate
- Attendance by Career Development Centre Staff, as available, at open days organised for HE Careers Services
Contact: Oonagh Sweeney, Employer Engagement and Operations Manager
Tel: 00 353 (0) 1 716 7572
Employers and professional bodies are regarded by the UCD Career Development Centre as a key client group and productive relationships are valued. You are welcome to make use of the services outlined above, but you are asked to bear in mind that students and recent graduates are responsible for their own job-seeking behaviour and priorities and will therefore make use of the information provided as they see fit. Information and associated guidance made available to them is intended to be of benefit to all concerned. It is not anticipated that Career Development Centre staff will be involved in selection processes or have their impartiality compromised.
You are entitled to expect that the Career Development Centre will be staffed by competent and appropriately qualified and experienced personnel who will help you in a courteous and professional manner and that the Centre’s activities will contribute to:
- The achievement of your recruitment and internship objectives
- Increased awareness amongst students and recent graduates of your recruitment and business needs
- Candidates who have had the opportunity to use the Centre to work through their career choice process and prepare themselves for their job-hunting
- Ease of access to appropriate staff to discuss your internship, recruitment, presentation, fair and/or other related requirements
We welcome your comments on the service provided. UCD Career Development Centre is committed to providing a quality service and as such, may seek your views as part of the cycle of continuous quality improvement as defined by AGCAS and AHECS. If you are unhappy with any aspect of the service please contact Dr David Foster, Director of Career Development and Skills so that we can review our service provision.