As a first year student one of your top priorities should be to get involved. Employers recruit students who make a difference and have demonstrated drive and determination. Get involved by joining clubs and societies and doing some volunteering. This is a great way to enhance your CV while making a contribution to the wider community.
Many students think that the Career Development Centre only works with final years. The truth is that we work with everyone from first to final year. So, come in and pay us a visit. Whether it’s figuring out what you can do with your degree or getting some help putting a CV together so you can get a part-time job we are here to help!
- Read our First Year brochure and find out how you can make the most of your time at UCD
- Meet people and develop new skills by joining a club or society at UCD
- Make a contribution to society while enhancing your employability by volunteering
- Get some work experience through a part-time or summer job
- Get your CV in shape and prepare to make high quality applications
- Identify your strengths, personality preferences, interests, work values and motives by taking a psychometric test
Need some more help? Make a one-to-one appointment with one of our Career & Skills Consultants.