As a pre-final year student one of your top priorities should be to explore career options and decide what you want to do after you graduate. Employers recruit students who have gained work experience and developed the transferable skills required for success in the workplace so now is a good time to start thinking about doing an internship.
Here at the Career Development Centre we can help you to explore and narrow down your options, figure out what would best suit your personality, interests, values and skills and put a plan in place to achieve your goals.
- Identify your strengths, personality preferences, interests, work values and motives by taking a psychometric test
- Find out about different types of industries, sectors and organisations
- Develop new skills and enhance your graduate profile by doing an internship
- Find out about recruitment events on campus
- Start building your network so you can access the hidden job market
- Get your CV in shape and prepare to make high quality applications
- Perfect your interview techniques so you can get the job you want
- Make a contribution to society while enhancing your employability by volunteering
Need some more help? Make a one-to-one appointment with one of our Career & Skills Consultants.