The Career Development Centre offers a wide range of centralised support services that are open to all students; for example our “Quick Query” appointment service, our recruitment fairs and employer events and a comprehensive programme of career management seminars and skills workshops.
We recognise however, that students in various academic Schools/programmes/courses may have more specific career development needs. We address these needs by working in partnership with academic staff to develop and deliver bespoke workshops, seminars and events. Topics we can cover include:
- Developing stand-out CVs and cover letters
- Mastering competency-based application forms
- Interview strategies
- Preparing for assessment centres
- Career action planning
- Options with your subject/degree
- Making the most of your internship
- Job search strategies
- Successful graduate study applications (incl. writing effective personal statements)
- Presentation skills
- Creative thinking
- Emotional intelligence
- Social media for job search (incl. developing an effective LinkedIn profile)
If you would like to discuss bespoke career development support for your students please contact the Career & Skills Consultant for your College.