Show/hide contentOpenClose All
In addition to research and development work the Bridge & Transport Infrastructure Research Group offers specialist testing services to industry. This includes static and dynamic testing of bridges.
Recent commissions include static testing of masonry arch bridges and vibration tests on the new Sean O'Casey footbridge in the heart of Dublin.
Monitioring equipment includes: strain gauges, LVDT's, accelerometers. Coupled with bespoke data-acquisition systems and measurement post-processing this is a unique capability in Ireland.
For further information please contact Dr. Paul Fanning (email@example.com).
- Polished stone value
- Aggregate abrasion value
- Ten percent fines
- Aggregate crushing value
- Aggregate impact value
- Los Angeles
- Sieve Analysis
- Particle density, water absorption
- Flakiness / Elongation index
- Softening point
- Dry small scale wheel tracking test
- Cantabro test
- Marshall stability
- Marshall flow
- Indirect tensile stiffness modulus
- Indirect tensile fatigue test
- Repeated load axial test
- Vacuum repeated load axial test
- Indirect tensile strength test
- Moisture damage test
- Texture depth by sand patch
- Skid resistance value using skid pendulum
- Kango impact
- Slab roller compactor
- Compression compaction, displacement controlled
- Circular small scale wheel tracker, 4 specimen stations
- Temperature regulated compression testing machine