CNWY40180 Introduction to Core Research Skills
About the course
An introduction for graduate students beginning a laboratory-based research programme, covering core skills that can be directly applied to studies.
Credits ECTS 2.5
Dates 07 & 08 November 2018
Module co-ordinator Dr Matthias Wilm
Registration OPEN Deadline: 26 October 2018
Places available 60 (approx)
The module comprises 15 hours of workshop & seminar-style sessions designed to encourage interaction and discussion between lecturers and students
Students are required to successfully carry out a series of exercises relevant to their own projects during the first year of their PhD programme, arising out of the techniques and skills imparted during the module sessions.
What does it cover?
- Essential practices for effective and efficient laboratory-based research
- Familiarisation with bibliographic and Internet tools
- Health and safety
- Ethics in biomedical research
These skills can be applied directly to laboratory based graduate programmes and are transferable to further graduate research, training or employment. They will equip you with essentials tools for a successful career in a knowledge economy.
- Download the CNWY40180 Introduction to Core Research Skills descriptor
- Download the CNWY40180 Introduction to Core Research schedule 2018/2019
- Download the UCD Conway Institute graduate module registration form 2018/2019
- Go back to the programme calendar