CNWY41130 Data Analysis for Biological Scientists
About the course
Provides graduate students involved in laboratory-based research in the biological sciences with the analytical and statistical skills to generate meaningful results from experimental data in practical computer-based workshop sessions.
Credits ECTS 2.5
Course Fee: €160 - contact Elaine Quinn for payment details
Dates 27 March, 1, 3, 10, 15 April 2019
Schedule 10am-1pm (5 computer-workshops)
Course co-ordinator Dr Matthias Wilm
Registration/ Expression of Interest Email Elaine Quinn
The module is delivered as a series of 3 hour computer based workshop sessions designed to encourage interaction and discussion between lecturers and students and also to provide hands-on experience where applicable.
- Ongoing assessment exercises based on topics covered in computer-based workshops
What does it cover?
Basics of data analysis for experimental biologists including:
- Know your data
- Comparing groups
- Measuring association
- Advanced methods
- Statistics in the laboratory
On completion, you will have:
- Analytical and statistical skills to generate meaningful results from experimental data that are transferable to further graduate research, training or employment.
- Download the CNWY41130 Data Analysis for Biological Scientists descriptor
- Download the CNWY41130 Data Analysis schedule2019v2
- Download the UCD Conway Institute graduate module registration form 2018/2019 (submit to your School Graduate Administrator & contact Elaine Quinn for payment details)
- Go back to the programme calendar