The UCD Institute for Discovery is delighted to announce that they will partner with NovaUCD to run their Commercialisation Bootcamp again next year. This will be an accelerated boot camp over three half days (normally 5 half days), which will take place in UCD Discovery, O'Brien Centre.
The boot camp dates/locations are as follows:
- Tuesday 29th January; 10-1pm, H0.66 UCD Discovery, O'Brien Centre
- Tuesday 5th February; 10-1pm, H0.66 UCD Discovery, O'Brien Centre
- Tuesday 12th February; 10-1pm, H0.66 UCD Discovery, O'Brien Centre
This boot camp will be led by Caroline Gill from NovaUCD. The programme is designed to address all the aspects that are included in the EI Commercialisation Fund Application Form, so you will especially find this accelerated programme very useful if you are considering applying for the EI Comm Fund – FYI the next call for application has a closing date of Friday 15th February, 2019. https://www.enterprise-i
reland.com/en/funding-supports /researcher/funding-to- commercialise-research/commerc ialisation-fund.html
More details and how to apply below. Any questions, please let me know,
The Discovery Team
· A UCD Postdoctoral Researcher
· A UCD staff member
· A postgraduate research student
· Have some technology that you think could be commercialised but are not sure where to start ?
· Have an invention that solves a problem better than current solutions ?
· Have an idea for a business that you would like to spend some time on?
Would you like to spend a short amount of time figuring out:
· If your idea is feasible
· How you might commercialise it
· Whether commercialisation is something you are interested in doing more of
If so, then the UCD Commercialisation Bootcamp is for you.
The objective of the Bootcamp is to equip UCD academic researchers, staff and postgraduate research students with the knowledge, skills and understanding of the commercialisation process.
On completion of the Bootcamp participants will have developed a solid awareness of what it takes to build a commercialisation plan which covers the following areas:
· Market problem/need
· Proposed solution/technological innovation
· Market opportunity and market validation
· Commercial exploitation route(s)
· Project team
· Technology roadmap
· Commercialisation work plan
· Funding requirements and funding plan
This Programme draws on various models including the Business Model Canvas and Lean Start-up.
Programme dates: Jan 29, Feb 5 and 12.
Location: all workshops take place in H0.66 UCD Discovery, O'Brien Centre for Science.
Application process: Please send your completed application form to Tara Byrne (firstname.lastname@example.org) including a short overview of your idea, your contact details, school, etc.