The UCD College of Engineering and Architecture has many active industry collaborations that have the potential for significant technology transfer activity in the future.
Collaborations vary from bilateral partnerships to large-scale programmes such as SFI Research Centres and Strategic Partnerships, and EI Technology Centres involving multiple partners including industry, national agencies and academia. Activities include:
- Energy Systems Integration Partnership Programme (ESIPP)
- The Centre for Future Networks and Communications (CONNECT)
- The Synthesis and Solid State Pharmaceutical Centre (SSPC)
We are committed to increasing levels of collaboration and partnership with Irish and international industry:
- Collaborate and Benefit from UCD Research Expertise: companies can partner with UCD College of Engineering and Architecture on small or large scale R&D projects
- Access New Technologies: technology licensing opportunities from a diverse range of sectors are available at UCD
- Access Talent: Internships available with UCD undergraduate and postgraduate Engineering students in a wide range of disciplines with internships ranging from 3 months to 1 year
- Access Continuing Professional Development and Executive Education: Advance your career through professional development courses at UCD
The UCD Enterprise Gateway has been established to enhance our partnerships with business, social and cultural enterprises, government agencies and other stakeholders. Many of the most exciting opportunities lie at this interface, where the breadth and depth of knowledge in the university meet the expertise and demands of the enterprise environment.
Case Studies of Collaborations with Industry