We are a multidisciplinary community of active researchers of all career stages and welcome new members from any relevant discipline with an interest in environmental research.
As a member-led Institute, the success of the UCD Earth Institute is based on an active and engaged membership. Members and their teams of postgraduate and postdoctoral researchers, technical and support staff are encouraged to contribute to the life of the Institute through their own academic endeavours as well as through being open to interdisciplinary collaboration and by contributing to events and programmes designed to enhance the profile and reputation of the Institute (e.g. keynote events, seminars, conferences etc.). Our aim is to ensure that members will actively support the mission and vision of the Institute and deliver high quality research outputs, while the Institute team will provide a level of support and expertise to assist them.
There are a number of specific benefits to Institute membership including:
- A vibrant programme of activities and events, providing opportunities to meet colleagues and develop new research ideas and activities
- Financial and logistical support of multidisciplinary activities that address Institute strategic priorities
- A training programme to support the career development of members and their teams
- Access to a network of expertise, mentorship opportunities, advice and supports in:
- Research funding
- Industry, innovation and enterprise
- Outreach and engagement
- Access to the technology platforms and laboratories curated by the Institute and its members
- Administrative support for Institute-related events or outreach activities
- Promotion of your research and associated activities through the Institute’s communication channels
- Searchable public profile on the Institute website.
- Open to all research-active UCD academic staff working in environment-related research in UCD
- Access to full range of membership benefits
- Open to all postgraduate, postdoctoral, technical and administrative support staff working in environment-related research in UCD
- Access to Institute events, activities, training, networking and mentorship
Membership Application Guidelines
Financial support for Members
Strategic Priority Support Mechanism
Small Responsive Funding Scheme