Objectives of the EGA
UCD Engineering Graduates Association (EGA) was established in 1983, with objectives including the provision of a networking forum for graduates, promoting their interest and fostering links between industry and UCD through placements and research.
UCD EGA has evolved and developed over the intervening years as a result of events organised to fulfil these objectives. Events have included the Annual Lunch/Dinner, Annual Lecture, Annual Golf Outing and the EGA Gold Medal Ceremony, held every year to mark the achievements of outstanding graduating students across the engineering disiplines.
UCD EGA Mission statement:
Our principal aim is to support and assist UCD Engineering to be a world-class centre for the teaching and learning of the art, science, and practice of engineering. We also support our graduates as they continue to help drive national economic and sustainable development through enterprise, research, and innovation.
- To provide a networking forum for Engineering Graduates of UCD
- To promote and maintain contact between engineering graduates and the University
- To promote and protect the interests of graduates
- To promote cooperation between industry and the University through student placement and research
- To support the University's objectives as deemed appropriate by the Board and as agreed through the Dean of Engineering
- To forge links with other like associations
- To fundraise for specific significant projects
- To pursue any other objectives at the suggestion of the Membership duly approved