Undergraduate Playwriting Competition
Deadline: 30th January
The School of English Drama and Film is pleased to announce a short playwriting competition open to all current undergraduate students at UCD to mark the launch of the new MA in Writing for Stage and Screen.
First Prize: €150
Second Prize: €100
Third Prize: €75
All three prizewinning plays will be podcast and broadcast in association with MoLi Radio. (Prizes are sponsored by Carysfort Press Limited.) Seven to ten plays will be shortlisted and a professional writer/director will adjudicate the winners
Deadline: 30 January 2020
Eligibility: Current UCD Undergraduate Students only
- Please submit your application form and play as one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org (USE YOUR STUDENT NAME TO NAME THE FILE)
- Plays must be no more than 1000 words, including cast list and brief context if necessary. (Work more than 10% in excess of the word count will be ruled out).
- Only One Entry per Student.
- Scripts must be written in English.
- Although these plays should be written for the stage, preference will be shown for plays that have potential to be adapted for the screen (as per the new MA, above).
- Scripts must constitute a completely original work by the entrant. (i.e. The entry must not have been previously released commercially, or composed, in whole or in part, from any other source).
Please note: Your script should not previously have been commissioned, developed or produced for any commercial enterprise.
Your Script must not contain, include, or involve any material in violation of or conflict with the trademark, copyright, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or any other rights, of any kind or nature, of any other person or entity.
Entries should not contain indecent, inappropriate or morally objectionable material, or any content unfit for dissemination or broadcast.