Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Group
UCD is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for faculty, staff and students of the university, and this is demonstrated in Strategic Objective 5 of the University Strategic Plan “Attract and retain an excellent and diverse cohort of students, faculty and staff”.
The UMT Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Group was established in September 2015 to support the achievement of this strategic objective and to promote an inclusive and diverse work and study environment for all.
This group plays an important role in the mainstreaming of equality, diversity and inclusion throughout the University for faculty, staff and students as the university develops and delivers processes, makes policy decisions and plans programmes and projects. The group leads out on equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives and makes recommendations to the University Management Team.
The EDI group is chaired by Professor Colin Scott, College Principal for Social Sciences and Law and is supported by the Equality and Diversity unit.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Membership of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Group
- PJ Barron (Estate Services Representative)
- Professor Kathleen James-Chakraborty (Athena SWAN)
- Rory Carey (UCD HR)
- Genevieve Dalton (IT Services)
- Mary Bushe
- Bairbre Fleming (Access and Lifelong Learning)
- Marcellina Fogarty (Equality and Diversity Manager)
- Elaine Hickey (Quality Office)
- John Paul (JP) Kiernan (Library)
- Maura McGinn (Institutional Research)
- Ciarán OhUltacháin (LGBT)
- Professor Colin Scott (Chair)
- Mark Simpson (University Relations)
- Tina Lowe (Staff Members with Disabilities)
- Professor Grace Mulcahy, Widening Participation Group (Chair)
- Dr Conor Buggy
(College Equality and Diversity Reps)
- Dr Lindsey Earner-Byrne (College of Arts and Humanities)
- Dr Patricia Fitzpatrick (College of Health and Agricultural Sciences)
- Dr Dorota Szelewa (College of Social Sciences and Law)
- Dr Sheila McBreen (College of Science)
- Jolanta Meagher (College of Business)
- Dr Elizabeth Shotton (College of Engineering and Architecture)
Terms of Reference
Four sub-groups feed into the EDI Group as follows: