Mr Ciarán Ó hUltacháin (co-chair), Róisín Ní Mhara, Dr Lindsey Earner-Byrne, Professor Patricia Fitzpatrick, Dr Bairbre Fleming, Ms Marcellina Fogarty, Ms Elaine Hickey (co-chair), Dr Barry Shanahan and Dr Elizabeth Shotton
Terms of Reference
- Advance (EDI) mainstreaming with a remit for both staff & students covering 9 equality grounds & socio-economic status;
- Advance mainstreaming EDI in the University: governance, policy, administration, systems & work practices;
- Investigate how EDI mainstreaming can be embedded within UCD Quality Assurance mechanisms;
- Pilot & promote EDI proofing of UCD policy & activities & support the development of an Equality Impact Assessment Toolkit;
- Make recommendations to the EDI Group around promoting & mainstreaming EDI initiatives.
Programme of Work
- Proofing of Consultation papers and Policy Development from an equality, diversity and inclusion perspective;
- Defining the role of College Representatives on the EDI group;
- Development of an Equality Impact Assessment Toolkit;
- Promote the advancement of equality, diversity and inclusion related training;
- Mainstreaming of EDI through existing processes such as the Quality Review process and Agile;
- Development of an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy.