civil society & outreach | about
At the core of the EWI is a commitment to collaborating with and building the capacity of civil society organisations working for local/global justice. This will be pursued by the following:
- Developing research led policy and teaching partnerships with civil and public institutions with a track record in the promotion of local, regional and global justice.
- Forming research coalitions across disciplines within the academy and with social change activists without.
- Links with university institutes/centres worldwide and alliances with NGO's, statutory, public and private bodies in Ireland committed to an egalitarian agenda and to developing a vision of an alternative world.
- Continuing with the EWI Public Lecture Series.
- Establishing a scheme for Civil Society Research Scholars.