Training and Awareness
The Records Management Unit endeavours to provide training and awareness for staff in accordance with the needs and demands of those with record-keeping responsibilities. To discuss any training requirements, please contact the unit directly.
Presentation (one hour)
Consultation service (to deal with records issues as they arise)
Meeting accountability & business needs, how to manage your records effectively
The aim of this workshop is to improve corporate practice in the creation, maintenance and use of university records and to equip staff with the knowledge and expertise to manage records in a way that will facilitate public and organisational accountability requirements and meet business needs. Subjects covered will include:
- Legislative requirements, including Freedom of Information and Data Protection
- Organising and classifying records
- Scheduling and disposing of records
- Storing records
- Record-keeping in an electronic environment
The workshop is run in accordance with demand
Introduction to records management
The aim of this presentation is to introduce the basic concept of records management and to help staff to improve university record-keeping practices by
- re-structuring and re-classifying filing systems, both electronic and manual, so that they are logical, easy to interpret, fast and efficient, and accessible to all staff
- establishing protocols with respect to access and use of the filing system, both electronic and manual
- ensuring that records are disposed of appropriately as soon as operational use has ceased.
- The presentation is given on application to the Records Management Unit.