Academic Council Committee for Academic Scholarships and Prizes
The Academic Council Committee for Academic Scholarships and Prizes (ACCASP) oversees all scholarships and prizes that are awarded or maintained on merit-based achievements. The Committee is also responsible for assuring quality and ensuring equity in the allocation of academic scholarships and prizes, including any related appeals processes and the administration of the Ad Astra Academy appeals process.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Mr. Nigel Walsh, Administrative Services, UCD Registry
The Academic Council Committee for Academic Scholarships and Prizes will:
1. Approve and periodically review criteria, conditions and regulations associated with all university merit-based scholarships and prizes.
2. Consider and approve proposals regarding establishment of new scholarships and prizes ensuring proposals are aligned to University objectives.
3. Consider proposed changes to existing awards and prizes.
4. Advise Academic Council on strategy in relation to merit-based scholarships and prizes.
5. Approve and periodically review procedures to assure quality and ensure equity in relation to allocation of merit-based scholarships and prizes, including any related appeals processes.
6. Assume responsibility for the administration of Ad Astra Academy appeals process.
2016-17 Academic Session
Chair (appointed by President)
Prof. Grace Mulcahy
Deputy President, VP for Academic Affairs & Registrar
Prof. Mark Rogers
Member of AC nominated by CP – Arts & Humanities
Dr Gillian Pye
Member of AC nominated by CP – Social Science & Law
Assoc. Prof. Andreas Hess
Member of AC nominated by CP – Business
Assoc. Prof. Gerardine Doyle
Member of AC nominated by CP – Eng. & Architecture
Assoc. Prof. Andrew Keane
Member of AC nominated by CP – Science
Assoc. Prof. Gethin McBean
Member of AC nominated by CP – Health & Agri. Sciences
Prof. Jim Lyng
1 Head of School nominated by Registrar
Dr Alexander Thein
1 VP of T&L nominated by Registrar
Assoc. Prof. Amanda Gibney
Representative of SU, nominated by SU President
Ms Lexi Kilmartin
ACCASP Meeting Schedule 2017/18
|Submission Deadline||Meeting Date|
- ACCASP Meeting Schedule 2017/18