UMT Education Group
The Education Group (UMT EG) provides high-level oversight and coordination of the development and implementation of the University’s education strategy. It reports to UMT with progress updates and advises on oversight and review of existing education activity and proposals for new education activity within UCD.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
- To assist in the development of the Education Theme of the UCD Strategy, develop an implementation plan for this theme, and monitor review and evaluate the progress of the UCD Strategy in achieving the University’s educational objectives.
- To report to UMT, on an annual basis, progress updates against the University’s Education Strategy Implementation Plan.
- To advise UMT on oversight and review of existing, and proposals for new, educational activity within UCD, as it relates to:
- Supporting the education providers through training and development
- Enhancement through learning from student feedback
- Infrastructure and resources for teaching and learning
- To promote the development and exchange of good practice, and establish mechanisms for recognition of teaching excellence, across UCD’s Colleges, Schools and Units including Recognised Colleges.
- To consider and respond to issues referred to the Group by the University Management Team relating to the University’s educational activities.
The following are members of UMT EG:
- Deputy President, Vice-President for Academic Affairs and Registrar (Chair)
- Dean of Graduate Studies
- Dean of Undergraduate Studies
- Dean of Students
- Chief Information Officer
- Director of Access and Lifelong Learning
- Director of Quality
- Director of Student Recruitment
- Director of University Governance
- Director of Institutional Research
- Director of International Affairs
- Director of Teaching and Learning
- Students’ Union Education Officers (Graduate and Undergraduate)
- College Nominees (VP Teaching and Learning n=6)
UMT Education Group Meeting Schedule 2018/19
|Submission Deadline||Meeting Date|
|Wednesday 19 September 2018||Wednesday 3 October 2018, 10am|
|Thursday 15 November 2018||Thursday 29 November 2018, 10am|
|Wednesday 16 January 2019||Wednesday 30 January 2019, 10am|
|Wednesday 13 March 2019||Wednesday 27 March 2019, 10am|