UMT Global Engagement Group
The Global Engagement Group (UMT GEG) provides high-level oversight and coordination of the University’s internationalisation efforts and advises UMT on matters relating to internationalisation at UCD.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
- To assist in the development of the Internationalisation Theme of the UCD Strategy, develop an implementation plan for this theme, and monitor and review the progress of the UCD Strategy in achieving the University’s international objectives.
- To consider and respond to issues referred to the Group by the University Management Team relating to the University’s international activities.
- To recommend to UMT for approval, on an annual basis, the University’s International Plan, including the setting of international student recruitment targets and international tuition fees levels.
- To comment and advise UMT on proposals for new internationalization activity within UCD in the following areas:
- Joint or dual degree programmes.
- Student and staff exchange programmes.
- Student recruitment pathways, including undergraduate and postgraduate foundation programmes as well as articulation agreements.
- Institutional Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs).
- Any international in-country activity (establishment of overseas offices, appointment of representatives, etc.).
- Contract education.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of UCD’s regional strategies, supported if necessary by the creation of sub-groups focused on key jurisdictions (e.g. China, India, USA).
- To provide a forum for the development and exchange of good practice in internationalization across UCD’s Colleges, Schools and Units.
The following are members of GEG:
- President or nominee (Chair)
- Deputy Registrars
- Director of International Affairs Provost or equivalent of each international college in which UCD is involved, or nominee
- Vice-Principal (International) or equivalent from each College
- Director of Quality
- Director of Student Recruitment
- Director of University Relations
- Director of University Secretariat, or nominee
- Vice President for Research, Innovation & Impact, or nominee
UMT GEG Meeting Schedule 2017/18
|Submission Deadlines||Meeting Date|
|Friday 8 September 2017 (International Agreements) and Tuesday 19 September 2017 (Other)
||Thursday 28 September 2017, 2pm
|Thursday 26 October 2017 (International Agreements) and Tuesday 7 November 2017 (Other)
||Thursday 16 November 2017, 2pm
|Thursday 23 November 2017 (International Agreements) and Monday 4 December 2017 (Other)
||Wednesday 13 December 2017, 9:30am
|Tuesday 16 January 2018 (International Agreements) and Thursday 25 January 2018 (Other)
||Monday 5 Febrary 2018, 11am
|Monday 5 March 2018 (International Agreements) and Wednesday 14 March 2018 (Other)||Friday 23 March 2018, 9:30am|
|Tuesday 10 April 2018 (International Agreements) and Thursday 19 April 2018 (Other)||Monday 30 April 2018, 11am|
|Thursday 24 May 2018 (International Agreements) and Tuesday 5 June 2018 (Other)||Thursday 14 June 2018, 2pm|