UMT Global Engagement Group
The Global Engagement Group (UMT GEG) provides high-level oversight and coordination of the University’s internationalisation efforts and advises UMT on matters relating to internationalisation at UCD.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Contact: Roslyn Reddy, UCD International
• To assist in the further development and implementation of UCD’s Global Engagement Strategy (2016-2020) and to monitor and review the progress of this strategy in achieving the University’s objectives for global engagement.
• To comment and advise UMT on proposals and outcomes (and their adoption by GEG as appropriate) from UCD’s global strategy working groups e.g. Global Partnerships Working Group.
• To consider and respond to issues referred to the Group by the University Management Team relating to the University’s global engagement activities.
• To recommend to UMT for approval, on an annual basis, the University’s plan for international student recruitment targets and international tuition fees and to review the progress of this plan.
• To provide strategic oversight and recommendations to UMT on opportunities and proposals for new UCD globalisation activities across a range of areas, including:
o Institutional Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) and Memoranda of Agreement (MOAs)
o Overseas offices and representatives
o Overseas campuses
o International partnerships and associated activities
o Mobility opportunities
o Student recruitment pathways
o On campus activities
• To advise UMT on strategic oversight of foundation programmes, pre-sessional andin- sessional language programmes offered by UCD.
• To contribute to the development and implementation of UCD’s regional strategies, supported by the established steering groups for Europe, North America, China, South Asia, Asia-Pacific and other regional steering groups that may be established.
• To advise UMT on strategic oversight of UCD’s ‘area studies’* activities
*Area studies refers to research and scholarship pertaining to particular geographical, national, or cultural regions e.g. Chinese studies
• To provide a forum for the development and exchange of good practice in global engagement across UCD’s Colleges, Schools and Units.
• To provide institutional oversight of external environment activities (e.g. policies, regulations) that impact on UCD’s global engagement activities and ambitions.
UMT GEG Meeting Schedule 2018/19
|Submission Deadlines||Meeting Date|
|Monday 10 September 2018 (International Agreements) and Wednesday 19 September 2018 (Other)
||Friday 28 September 2018, 2pm
|Friday 19 October 2018 (International Agreements) and Wednesday 31 October 2018 (Other)
||Friday 9 November 2018, 9.30am
|Monday 26 November 2018 (International Agreements) and Wednesday 5 December 2018 (Other)
||Friday 14 December 2018, 9:30am
|Thursday 24 January 2019 (International Agreements) and Monday 4 February 2019 (Other)
||Wednesday 13 February 2019, 2pm
|Friday 15 March 2019 (International Agreements) and Wednesday 27 March 2019 (Other)||Friday 5 April 2019, 2pm|
|Monday 13 May 2019 (International Agreements) and Wednesday 22 May 2019 (Other)||Friday 31 May 2019, 9.30am|
|Monday 10 June 2019 (International Agreements) and Wednesday 19 June 2019 (Other)||Friday 28 June 2019, 9.30am|