UMT Student Experience Group
The Student Experience Group (UMT SEG) provides high-level oversight and coordination of those student supports which contribute to the holistic UCD student experience across academic, civic, cultural, mental, and physical performance and wellbeing. These include supports such as operational systems and services, pastoral care and extra-curricular activities
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
- To assist in the development of the Student Experience Theme of the UCD Strategy, develop an implementation plan for this theme, and monitor and review the progress of the UCD Strategy in achieving the University’s educational objectives.
- To report to the University Management Team (UMT), on an annual basis, progress updates against the University’s Student Experience Strategic Implementation Plan.
- To oversee and ensure a co-ordinated and integrated approach to delivery of student support services. This remit includes but is not limited to the following areas:
- Campus accommodation
- Library and IT services
- Registry helpdesk services
- Health and welfare services
- Study support services (e.g. Maths and Writing support centres)
- Facilities for childcare
- Campus safety and access
- Social facilities and event management
- Societies Consultative Forum/Athletic Union Council
- Programme and School/College Offices (pastoral, non-academic supports only)
- Counselling and advice (Student Advisory service)
- Cultural events (e.g. performances, recitals and exhibitions)
- To ensure a culture of quality, leadership, innovation and integration in delivery of student support services.
- To consider and recommend to UMT steps to resolve any matters impacting negatively on the student experience.
- To comment and advise UMT on proposals that
- encourage student engagement with the University;
- foster a sense of UCD community;
- enhance the quality of the student experience;
- enable students to actively contribute to the wider community.
- To comment and advise UMT on good practice in integrated student centred service and support delivery.
- To consider and respond to issues referred to the Group by UMT relating to the University’s student support services.
The following are members of UMT SEG
- Deputy President, Vice-President for Academic Affairs and Registrar (Chair)
- Bursar’s nominee
- Dean of Graduate Studies
- Dean of Undergraduate Studies
- Dean of Students
- Director of Institutional Research
- Chief Information Officer
- Director of Registry
- Director of Buildings and Services or nominee
- Students’ Union Education Officers (Graduate and Undergraduate)
- Students Union Welfare Officer
- Head of the Student Advisers Group
- Nominee of the Programme Office Directors Group
- Nominee of the Graduate School Managers Group
- Director of International Affairs, or nominee
- Nominee of the Student Societies
- Nominee of the Sports Clubs
UMT Student Experience Group Meeting Schedule 2018/19
|Submission Deadline||Meeting Date|
|Tuesday 18 September 2018||Tuesday 2 October 2018, 10am|
|Wednesday 14 November 2018||Wednesday 28 November 2018, 2pm|
|Tuesday 15 January 2019||Tuesday 29 January 2019, 10am|
|Tuesday 26 February 2019||Tuesday 12 March 2019, 9.30am|
|Thursday 16 May 2019||Thursday 30 May 2019, 2pm|