- Engage@UCD Staff Event- November 2017
- Restart a Heart -October 2017
- Healthy UCD Challenge- Sept-Oct 2017
- UCD Hell and Back - June 17th 2017
- Darkness into Light 5K - May 6th 2017
- UCD Colours Tag Rugby Blitz - April 4th - 7th 2017
- National No Smoking Day - March 1st 2017
- UCD Healthy Eating Week - Feb 13th - 17th 2017
Exam Tips and Support
With UCD exams fast approaching it is important to put some supports in place to ease yourself through this often-stressful time. Here are some tips to hopefully ease some of that stress!
- It is perfectly normal to feel stressed and anxious around this time. The key is to accept these feelings as normal, many others feel this way too and know that the feelings will pass.
- Being familiar with when your exams are on, planning your route to the RDS and giving yourself plenty of time to get there. Arriving early will give you time to find your seat number and settle into the space.
- Time management- having a study plan outlined and making the best use of your time. There are lots of free study planners online and they are a great visual to stick to.
- Sleep is so important for the body and mind. Aim to get 6-8 hours sleep a night, put the phone on flight mode at least 30 mins before bed and limiting caffeine will also help in getting a good nights sleep.
- Drinking plenty of water is key for rehydration and keeping alert. Also eating a well-balanced diet with lots of vegetables and fruit to keep sugar levels steady. Processed sugary foods can leave you feeling lethargic and making it harder to concentrate.
- Exercise- there are 6.2km of woodland walks around UCD. Why not take a 5/10minute break and go for a quick stroll around campus? It can make such a difference when you get back to the desk after taking a short break in the fresh air.
- Relaxation techniques- Practicing breathing techniques, mindfulness or writing down how you are feeling are all really good ways of elevating stress. They don’t have to take up a huge amount of your time either-even 5 minutes can really make a difference.
Remember no matter how the exams go, you always have options afterwards.
Check out the Student Advisers website for more helpful tips and contact info.
Check out the UCDSU website for timetables for the shuttle bus to and from exams.
Best of luck in your exams from everyone at Healthy UCD !