Exam Tips and Support
With UCD exams fast approaching it is important to put some supports in place to ease yourself through this often-stressful time. Check out some tips below.
- Being familiar with when your exams are on, planning your route to the RDS and giving yourself plenty of time to get there. Arriving early will give you time to find your seat number and settle into the space. Check out more info here.
- Drinking plenty of water is key for rehydration and keeping alert and eating a well-balanced diet with fruit and veg to keep sugar levels steady. Processed sugary foods can leaving you feeling drained and make it harder to concentrate. Click here for 5 simple and healthy breakfast ideas to keep you going throughout exam time.
- Time management- having a study plan outlined and making the best use of your time. There are lots of free study planners online and they are a great visual to stick to.
- Sleep is so important- it might be easier to think pulling an all nighter it the best option but lack of sleep catches up on the body and mind. Aim to get 7-8 hours sleep a night, putting the phone on flight mode at least 30 mins before bed and limiting caffeine also will assist in getting a good nights sleep.
- Exercise- there are 6.2km of woodland walks around UCD. Why not take a 10/15 minute break and go for a quick stroll around campus? As a UCD student you also have free access to the UCD gym and fitness classes. Click here for more details.
- Relaxation techniques- Practicing breathing techniques, mindfulness or writing down how you are feeling are all really good ways of elevating stress. They don’t have to take up a huge amount of your time either. Check out the drop in Mindfulness in Fitzgerald CHamber every Tuesday from 1.15-1.45pm until May 29th.
- Remember no matter how the exams go, you always have options afterwards. It is perfectly normal to feel stressed and anxious around this time. The key is to accept these feelings as normal and know that the feelings will pass. Check out the Student Advisors website for more helpful tips and contact info.