Skip navigation


Online Hourly Set-up Forms


To claim payment for hourly-paid work, you first need to complete an online hourly set-up form. Once your set-up form has been authorised by your School or Unit and then processed by UCD Human Resources (HR), you will be granted access to the University’s online timesheets system for submitting hourly-paid claims.

Back to top


Before you begin

Before you begin completing the form, you must receive the below information from your School or Unit. It is the responsibility of the School or Unit to provide this information to you.

  • School/Unit name – e.g. School of Medicine, UCD Registry
  • School/Unit Contact – this is the person in your school or unit to whom you will submit your completed online form. The School/Unit Contact name on your form cannot be changed after you have started the process.
  • Type of work - e.g. Tutor/Demonstrator, Occasional Lecturer, other type of hourly work

Back to top


How to complete the set-up form

Once you have the information from your School or Unit as outlined above, you can start the set-up process by going to - click on the Campus section, then on My HR Forms.

  • If you have already worked in the University, log in with your UCD personnel (P) number, UCD email address or Connect credentials. If you are unsure of your personnel number, contact the UCD HR Helpdesk quoting your PPS number.
  • Current students or past students (alumnus) - log in with your UCD student credentials
  • If you are new to the University, you will need to create a new account

Once you have logged in, click ‘Create’ to start a new form. Choose ‘Hourly Set Up Form’ for the Form Type, select your School/Unit and your School/Unit Contact name, and then click ‘Start Process’.

To complete the sections on the form:

  • Sections 1 to 4 (Personal Details, Address Details, Next of Kin Details and Bank Details):
    If you have already worked for UCD or have been a UCD student, these sections will automatically populate with the details already on your UCD record. If not, you can update certain parts of these sections as required.
    NOTE: Your Country of Birth and Country of Citizenship information is taken from your student record. Your online set-up form will always reflect the citizenship held on your student record. If your details are incorrect please contact (if you are staff, alumnus or pensioner) or (if you are a current student)

  • Section 5 (Claimant Set Up Information):
    • Type of Work: Choose from either Tutor/Demonstrator or Occasional Lecturer. If your work is neither of those, choose ‘Other Hourly Paid’.
      Note: To be able to upload a scan of the required signed Tutor Demonstrator Terms and Conditions document in section 6, you must choose ‘Tutor/Demonstrator’ for your Type of Work in section 5.
    • IRP/GNIB/Work Permit Required: To be able to upload a scan of your GNIB/IRP card in section 6, you must answer ‘yes’ to this question in section 5.
    • Public Service Pension Scheme: If you answered ‘yes’ to the preceding question on whether you have previously worked in the public sector, then it is likely that you were also contributing to a public sector pension scheme. If so, or if you are unsure, choose ‘yes’ and this will enable you to complete and upload the required Pension Related Deduction (PRD) declaration form in section 6.
      Note: If you answer ‘yes’ to the Public Sector question but ‘no’ to the Public Service Pension Scheme question, your set-up form will be rejected by HR and you will be required to clarify your answer and re-submit your set-up form to your School or Unit.
    • Student: If you are currently a student but answer ‘no’ to this question, your subsequent online timesheets access will be with a new Connect username and password instead of your student number and password.

  • Section 6 (Upload Documents):
    To be able to upload scanned copies of the signed Tutor Demonstrator Terms and Conditions document, your IRP/GNIB card or the Pension Related Deduction (PRD) form, where required, you need to have answered ‘yes’ to the related questions in section 5 above.


When you have completed sections 1-6, go back up to the top of the form and click ‘Submit to School/Unit Contact for Review’. When you have successfully submitted your set-up form to your School or Unit, you will see the message **NEWLY SUBMITTED**

Back to top


What happens next?

After you submit your set-up form to your School/Unit Contact, you can view the current status of your set-up form by logging back into it via > Campus > My HR Forms.

Your set-up form follows the process below:

  1. Your School/Unit Contact reviews and updates your set-up form with additional information (e.g. start and end dates, names of timesheet approvers) and then submits it to their Head of School/Unit (or their nominee) for authorisation.
  2. The Head of School/Unit authorises your set-up form – this must be done and forwarded to UCD Human Resources (HR) by the 4th of the month (or the subsequent working day if the 4th falls on a weekend or public holiday) for you to receive access to submit timesheets for that month’s payroll.
  3. HR receives your authorised set-up form:
     - If your form is missing information or requires clarification, e.g. if you have not uploaded the required documents in section 6, the form will be rejected back to you and you will receive an email from HR advising you of the reason. You will then need to update and re-submit your set-up form to your School/Unit Contact for it to be authorised again by the Head of School/Unit.
     - If your form is completed correctly, it will be processed by UCD HR added to the HR system, and you will receive an email (with your Approver 1 copied) advising you of your UCD personnel number and how to submit online timesheets via the Employee Self Service (ESS) portal.

Back to top



Back to top