Skip navigation


Changing Working Hours


Working hours are detailed on your contract of employment and a summary may also be found in the policy on . This page details the steps you need to follow to change your hours, the forms you are required to complete and the policy governing changes.

Back to top


Apply to change hours

Step 1: Changes to hours (and associated salary changes) should be agreed with your local manager so they can take account of operational needs.

Step 2: A PAF (Post Authorisation Form) should be completed, authorised and forwarded to UCD HR Resourcing Team associated with your School/Unit with an accompanying letter outlining the reasons for the change.

If you are unsure for whom you need to send the PAF, please go to our: Resourcing Contact List to find the Account Team Lead and Back Up member responsible for your School/Unit.

What happens next?

UCD HR Resourcing Team responsible for your School/Unit will implement contractual changes, such as hours, salary in accordance with the approved PAF (Post Authorisation Form) and will confirm the change in writing.

Back to top



Back to top


Ask HR

If you cannot find the information you are looking for please 'Ask HR' by completing this form below.

Your Name: *
Personnel No: (optional)
Your Email: *
Your Telephone: *

Back to top


If you need to speak to a member of UCD HR staff in relation to
this service, please call us on + 353 (01) 716 4932.