Examples of Consultancy
Consultancy is where a member of UCD’s academic staff works as an expert adviser to an external organisation in return for a commercial fee.
The consultants typically use their knowledge and expertise to answer a client’s question or provide opinions and advice.
Consultancy projects can arise from any academic discipline and our consultants work in a variety of industries and sectors.
Examples of consultancy services that UCD’s consultants deliver
- Devising technical and innovative solutions to business projects
- Assisting with strategic planning and follow-on initiatives
- Reviewing strategy and policy reports
- Giving expert witness advice or testimony
- Writing expert reports on a range of issues
- Developing and providing bespoke training
- Providing a service
- Presenting at seminars and business conferences
- Serving on advisory boards, panels or committees
- Using specialist research facilities or laboratories