Supports for New Ventures at NovaUCD
A comprehensive business support programme is offered to client companies at NovaUCD. This comprises of advice, seminars and workshops as well as facilitated access to the NovaUCD network of researchers, business leaders and investors.
Facilitated linkages to research at UCD
University College Dublin has an international reputation for being at the forefront of innovative research and creative discovery. NovaUCD can assist you to identify relevant expertise and collaborative opportunities with UCD researchers.
Enterprise development advice on topics such as:
- Business plan development
- Advice on grant and funding applications
- Advice on sources of finance and investment
- Introductions to potential investors
- Introductions to business advisors
- Collaboration with Michael Smurfit MBA programme projects
- Opportunity to participate in UCD internship programmes.
NovaUCD network and advice clinics
Entrepreneurs at NovaUCD benefit from facilitated access to the NovaUCD network of business leaders, investors, researchers and professional service providers. Clients can meet with our resident experts who provide one-to-one advice clinics. These include:
- Legal: Arthur Cox Solicitors
- Finance and Tax: Deloitte
- Banking and Financial Planning: AIB Bank
- HR: Voltedge
- Marketing: Three Little Pigs Marketing
- Intellectual Property: F.R. Kelly & Co.
- Sales: Rapid Innovation Group and Brandane Partners
- Investment: Nebula Ventures
- Product Management: Rich Mironov and Product Innovator
Workshops and Seminars
At NovaUCD a series of workshops and seminars are provided on average 3 times per month and topics are developed based upon client requirements. The workshops cover issues which affect knowledge intensive start-up companies such as; raising investment, business development and sales, finance and tax, product positioning and intellectual property. The workshops generate group discussion and interaction around key issues and assist clients to establish new networks as part of the community of entrepreneurs at NovaUCD.
In addition, a specialist investment series frequently takes place at NovaUCD which brings in investors to discuss their funds and provides the opportunity for clients to meet with investors informally through a one to one meeting. Also NovaUCD hosts monthly ‘brown bag’ lunch discussions with former venture capitalist and investment adviser Gavin Bourke, Nebula Ventures.
Other Support Services
By being located at NovaUCD client companies can gain membership to industry networks including the Irish Software Association and the Microsoft BizSpark Programme.
Our client companies can also benefit from media exposure through our communications support and promotion on NovaUCD website and related marketing materials.
For further information contact:
Dr Cody Mayoh
Project Manager, Enterprise Development
UCD Research and Innovation
t: +353 1 716 3707