Technology Transfer Supports
The Technology Transfer team in UCD Research and Innovation is also responsible for the implementation of UCD’s policies relating to the commercialisation of intellectual property (IP) and for the management of the intellectual property portfolio arising from UCD’s research programmes.
Specific activities of the Technology Transfer team include:
- Support for researchers with regard to IP considerations for funded research projects
- Preparing research contracts, non-disclosure and material transfer agreements
- Assisting researchers in identifying intellectual property and completion of invention disclosure forms
- Performing due diligence on completed invention disclosure forms
- Searching patent databases in association with researchers
- Developing strategies for protection of intellectual property
- Preparing patent filings in association with patent agents
- Developing and implementing commercialisation strategies to exploit UCD IP
- Sourcing of licensees and marketing of inventions
- Drafting and negotiating of licence agreements
- Meeting contractual obligations including the timely reporting of newly discovered intellectual property to the relevant state agencies.
If you require further information or support contact a member of the Technology Transfer team.