UCD has developed a Pre-Masters pathway enabling you to benefit from a preparatory course that enhances your English language skills, allowing you to adjust to a different learning culture and helps you to get used to a new way of life.
Pre-Masters PathwaysExpand all
Visit the UCD Graduate Studies website for a full list of Masters programmes.
Agriculture, Food Science & Veterinary Medicine
Engineering & Architecture
Academic Entry Requirements
A bachelor degree (4 year) in a similar major with good grades (e.g. a minimum GPA of 3.0/4 from a recognised University in Jordan).
English Language Requirements
The minimum English Language Requirements in relation to International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) for a September start and 6.0 for a January start will generally be considered for entry.
For all proficiency tests the results must be less than 2 years old.
Please refer to the UCD Pre-masters webpage for further details on the programmes available and further entry requirement information.
How to Apply?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on programmes and how to apply.
Do I need a Visa?
Yes – Jordanian students require a study visa.
Should you have further queries please see suitable contact details listed.
Embassy of Ireland in Egypt
Diplomatic representation for Jordan is handled by the Embassy of Egypt (Cairo) as detailed below;
Making a visa application
It is necessary for applicants to provide the following information when applying for a visa:
- Ensure passport is valid for 12 months
- Ensure valid passport number
- Date, place and mode of arrival in Ireland
- Provide evidence from UCD that you have been accepted on a full-time course of study
- Sponsorship letter of support / Letter from University indicating that the fees have been paid in full
- Sponsorship letter confirming stipend / Evidence of sufficient funds to cover living and other expenses for the proposed stay
- Recent passport photographs
- Visa application fee (non-refundable)
- Have private health insurance (Please see the UCD International Health Insurance webpage to find information on health insurance providers). Please note that private health insurance is not provided by UCD
- In some cases proof of English, such as an IELTS or TOEFL certificate is required
- Any other documents as requested by INIS or the Irish Embassy through which you are applying
- Make sure you keep copies of all documents submitted
How long will your visa application take?
These documents should be sent to the Irish Embassy in Cairo as detailed. Visa applications can take some months to process, so it is advisable to secure a place early at the University, in order to avoid disappointment. Unfortunately the University has no control or influence over visa issues but will advise where possible.
The onus is on the applicant to supply the required documentation and to satisfy the visa officer that a visa may be granted.
Schengen visa or UK D visa
Please note that a Schengen visa or UK D visa is not valid for travel to Ireland.
Please also see contact in Ireland as detailed:
Honorary Consul of Ireland
Basrah St. No 1 Building
P.O. Box 306
Amman, 11118, Jordan
Tel: + 962 6 553 3616
Fax: + 962 6 551 6804
As there is currently no Jordanian diplomatic mission in Ireland, please contact the Embassy of Jordan in the United Kingdom as detailed below for further queries: