UCD has developed a Pre-Masters pathway enabling you to benefit from a preparatory course that enhances your English language skills, allowing you to adjust to a different learning culture and helps you to get used to a new way of life.
Pre-Masters PathwaysExpand all
Visit the UCD Graduate Studies website for a full list of Masters programmes.
Agriculture, Food Science & Veterinary Medicine
Engineering & Architecture
Academic Entry Requirements
Bachelor degree in a similar major with an overall GPA of 3.2/ 4.0 or 3.75/ 5.0 (or greater) (minimum of 2.1 achieved), from a recognised Saudi Arabian University.
English Language Requirements
The minimum English Language Requirements in relation to International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall with no less than 5.0 in each band (or equivalent examination) for a September start and IELTS 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in each band for a January start will generally be considered for entry.
For all proficiency tests the results must be less than 2 years old.
How to Apply?
Please contact email@example.com for information on programmes and how to apply.
Do I need a Visa?
Yes – Saudi students require a study visa.
Should you have any queries on applying for a visa to study in Ireland the Irish Embassy in Riyadh will provide you with detailed information which will help you.
Embassy of Ireland in Saudi Arabia
The contact details for the Embassy are:
Embassy of Ireland
Diplomatic Quarter Riyadh
Postal address P.O. Box 94349 Riyadh 11693
Tel: + 966 1 488 2300
Fax:+ 966 1 488 0927
Making a visa application
It is necessary for applicants to provide the following information when applying for a visa:
- Ensure passport is valid for 12 months
- Ensure valid passport number
- Date, place and mode of arrival in Ireland
- Provide evidence from UCD that you have been accepted on a full-time course of study
- Sponsorship letter of support / Letter from University indicating that the fees have been paid in full
- Sponsorship letter confirming stipend / Evidence of sufficient funds to cover living and other expenses for the proposed stay
- Recent passport photographs
- Visa application fee (non-refundable)
- Have private health (Please see the UCD International Health Insurance webpage to find information on health insurance providers). Please note that private health insurance is not provided by UCD
- In some cases proof of English, such as an IELTS or TOEFL certificate is required
- Any other documents as requested by INIS or the Irish Embassy through which you are applying
- Make sure you keep copies of all documents submitted
How long will your visa application take?
These documents should be sent to the Irish Embassy in Riyadh as detailed. Provided that all the required documents have been supplied and are in order, visa applications from GCC citizens will normally be turned around in one working day.
In other cases, and particularly if you do not have any previous visas, you should apply for your visa well in advance and allow 6-8 weeks for your application to be processed. Incomplete applications will result in a delay.
The onus is on the applicant to supply the required documentation and to satisfy the visa officer that a visa may be granted.
Schengen visa or UK D visa
Please note that a Schengen visa or UK D visa is not valid for travel to Ireland.
Should you have further queries you can also contact the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Dublin and also the Saudi Cultural Bureau in London as detailed below;The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia Ireland
6 Fitzwilliam Square East
Tel: +353 1 676 07 04
Saudi Arabian Cultural BureauDepartment of Ireland
630 Chiswick High Road
London W4 5RY
Tel: +44 (0)20 32497064
You can contact University College Dublin International Study Centre online.