Access UCD Email on your iPhone or iPad (Staff)
Last Updated: 17/05/13
Follow these steps to set up your UCD e-mail on an iPhone or iPad device
Important! Before configuring the Google Mail account you need to do the following:
Set a password in Google:
- Once you've logged into any Google service click the link here
- Click the Password link on the page
- You'll be asked to verify your Connect password. You can then set a password (or match it with your Connect one)
- Click 'Update Google Apps password'
Note: Your username is your full @ucd.ie email address and your password is the password you set via UCD Connect
Note: These setup instructions are for Apple devices running software version 4.0.
To configure the 'Mail' app on an Apple device for access to Google Apps email, just follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your device
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account...
- Tap Gmail
- Enter your account information, being sure to use your full UCD email address
- Tap Next
- Tap Save
If you already had your UCD calendar on your iPhone it may appear twice. Simply click the Calendars button at the top-left of the calendar to hide unwanted calendars.
Return to the Home screen and open Mail to see if the email account has been set up correctly.