Free IT Services Server Security Courses
Wed, 2 November 16
IT Services are currently running a number of Server Security courses at no charge for both Windows and Linux operating systems. The courses will be of interest to those staff or postgraduate students who administer departmental or research group servers as part of their daily duties. The instructors are security experts from Ward Solutions (Windows) and Securelinx (Linux).
The following topics will be covered:
- System Installation
- OS Hardening
- User Access and Passwords
- Network Security and Remote Access
The half day courses will take place on the morning from 9.00am to 1pm in Science East Room 0.32 (beside Pi restaurant) on the following dates:
- Tuesday 22nd November – Windows Server Security – LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE
- Tuesday 29th November – Linux Server Security – FULLY BOOKED
- Tuesday 13th December – Linux Server Security – PLACES AVAILABLE
Places are limited to 20 people, those interested in participating in either one or both of these courses should complete the application form here.