Video Capture Booth
The Video Capture Booth, a fixed installation which can be used to capture video, audio, screens and document camera output. This is located in the Daedalus building. This booth allows video input from a video camera or document camera and anything presented via the PC, including audio. The resulting podcast can then be processed and published to Blackboard.
Instructions for use
- Turn on the power for PC, Camera and Sound.
- PC : at the top left front of the box, under the desk
- Camera : Using remote control, press green power button
- Microphone : Located at rear right of the mixer box
- All levels are pre-set and controls should be left as they are.
- When you have finished, pleast power off all units.
- Please power down the PC by clicking the Windows logo and then choose Shut down
- Use the Remote to turn off the camera and the switch on the Mixer box
- Please leave the Echo Capture unit powered on
- Prior to commencing your recording, make sure you have your lecture materials or presentation ready.
- Click on the "Record" icon in the centre of the screen on the PC's desktop.
- Enter the username INSTRUCTOR and the password INSTRUCTOR.
- Click on AD HOC CAPTURE and complete your details on the form on screen.
- Describe the Capture : Enter your full title and lecture title (module code)
- How many minutes is the capture : You can pause, extend or stop the capture. If you have more time than you needed, you can stop it when you have finished
- What do you want to capture : Accept the default settings
- Click on START AD HOC CAPTURE.
- You now have 5 seconds to maximise your presentation and to start your lecture/talk.
- When you have finished, restore the ECHO screen and choose Stop, Pause or Extend (if you have run over the original itme you set, it will have automatically stopped).
- Inform IT Services and we will process the file and email you the link to the recording.
- If you would like to schedule another recording, please check the room availability on the calendar in the booking form section below.
- Please make sure to lock the room and return the key to an IT Services staff member in the Daedalus IT Centre.
The Wolfvision document camera / visualiser is a HD camera which can zoom in and out. This can be used to record media using the ECHO 360 solution or can be used as a standalone solution.
Details of the Wolfvision Series 8 camera can be seen here:
The Wolfvision supports vSolution Connect.
You can use your iPad or Android device to do a range of interactive recordings. See