Top Security Tips
Information is like money; Value it, Protect it
- Passwords should be unique, strong and never shared.
- Beware of phishing emails. Always verify links and never open unexpected attachments.
- Backup information frequently and delete unnecessary files.
- Report anything suspicious to the email@example.com.
- Apply the latest software updates immediately.
- Use anti-virus software. Download Sophos endpoint protection.
- Encrypt your device, files and send information securely.
- Lock your device using a strong password or pin.
- Use a trusted Wi-Fi connection such as eduroam or UCD's VPN (UCD Staff only)when working remotely.
- Share with care. Remember whatever you put online stays online forever.
- Own your online presence. Use privacy setting that you are comfortable with.