WRITING WITHOUT BORDERS
WRITING WITHOUT BORDERS - CREATIVE WRITING SUMMER SCHOOL, JOHN HUME INSTITUTE FOR GLOBAL IRISH STUDIES, 30th AUGUST TO 1st SEPTEMBER 2011
The second Creative Writing Summer School, Writing Without Borders, takes place at the John Hume Institute for Global Irish Studies, UCD Belfield, Dublin from 30th August to 1st September 2011. This is a unique opportunity to work with leading Irish and international creative writers to explore all genres of writing as well as the notion of Irish writing within a global context.
The summer school will comprise of morning and afternoon creative writing classes and master-classes and is aimed at writers at all levels.
The summer school has once again put together a very prestigious faculty, which will include Dermot Bolger, Theo Dorgan, Tess Gallagher, Claire Keegan and Peter Sirr. Nessa O’Mahony will once again curate and teach one of the morning sessions.
- Tuesday 30TH August, 11am – 1pm – Creative Writing with Nessa O’Mahony
- Tuesday 30th August, 2.30pm-4.30pm – Master Class with Dermot Bolger.
- Wednesday 31st August, 11am-1pm – Master Class with Theo Dorgan
- Wednesday 31st August, 2.30pm – 4.30pm, Master Class with Tess Gallagher
- Thursday 1st September, 11am – 1pm, Master Class with Peter Sirr
- Thursday 2nd September, 2.30pm – 4.30pm, Master Class with Claire Keegan.
Workshops will be kept to a maximum of 25 participants, and delegates will be charged a fee of €300, to cover costs of tuition and lunch (catered for in UCD). Accommodation in UCD is available on request.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. You can book your place here or by contacting the John Hume Institute at: 01 – 716 1565 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Nessa O’Mahony at email@example.com