In James Joyce Library there are 38 single study rooms available for use by UCD research postgraduates, booked online. Some are now also available to taught postgraduates. Unfortunately, these are not available to Occasional students.
- 38 individual study rooms are available in James Joyce Library.
- All are available to research postgraduates for booking.
- A limited number are now available to taught postgraduates for booking.
- Rooms are allocated for a week at a time.
- Normal Library regulations apply to these rooms, but also read and follow the study room regulations.
- Open quiet study spaces are located on Level 2 of the James Joyce Library.
Booking individual study rooms
- Rooms may be booked for a week at a time, as well as for the following week if available.
- All bookings are made through SISWeb - the booking option appears under Campus Facilities.
- Keys may be collected from the Level 1 Service Desk in the James Joyce Library from 9.30 on Monday mornings.
- Please return room keys on time to the Service Desk on Level 1 by 13.00 on Saturdays, the final return date, or before, even if you have a confirmed booking for the following week.
Quiet study areas
The James Joyce Library provides designated quiet study spaces. These are designed to provide a silent place to work where you will not be disturbed by computers or conversation.
Laptops, mobile devices and personal music players may not be used in these electronic device free zones.
These spaces are located on Level 2.