On the Library website there is detailed information about the full range of services, facilities and information resources available at the UCD Library. The library website also provides access to a substantial collection of electronic resources, and advice on how to make the most of the services and collections.
Visit the Library website and find:
- Information on our wide range of services
- A gateway to the ever-growing range of e-resources which complement our print collections.
- Up to date news on emerging services and developments.
- Library staff contacts
and many routes to communicate with us.
UCD Archives is a component of the UCD School of History and Archives formed in September 2005 by merging the former School of History and Department of Archives as part of a fundamental restructuring of university units. UCD Archives' core function is the curatorship of the archives of the university and the significant institutions which predated its foundation; and of those outstanding collections of private papers and institutional archives acquired and preserved to help document the foundation and development of modern Ireland.
The mission of UCD Archives is to achieve the highest standards in the performance of its core functions:
- To identify and preserve collections of archives, papers and manuscripts of national significance, safeguarding the interests of depositors and supporting the teaching and research needs of the university and the wider community.
- To identify and preserve those records of the university
which are evidence of university functions and which have enduring
significance, to support administration and research.