Please find a copy of the author instructions, in .pdf format, available to download here.
Submission files in PDF format should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Remember that the deadline for submitting the papers is 23rd March 2018.
Please use the following naming convention: SBCS_2018_Surname_Forename_Paper.pdf
Topic and eligibility:
The symposium is intended to display leading edge research and development in Mechanical Engineering which is currently being undertaken at universities in Ireland. Only one student per university or IT may submit and present a paper. The student should be in Year 2 of their postgraduate research.
Postgraduate students from Universities and ITs in Ireland can contribute up to four posters (from any year of their research).
The format of the paper should be as follows:
- Overall page dimensions: 190 mm wide x 245 mm high
- Set all margins to 25 mm so that text boundary limits are 140 mm x 195 mm (A5)
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 10 point
- Line spacing 1.5
- Single column
- Word document
The structure of the paper should be as follows:
- Title of the paper.
- Name of the author, and the address of the department.
- Abstract (which should not exceed 250 words).
- Main body of the paper. This should not exceed 8 pages (including diagrams and references) or 5000 words. Please submit the file containing the paper to email@example.com in the formats discussed above.
Submission files in PDF format should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Remember that the deadline for submitting the posters is 23rd March 2018. Please use the following naming convention: SBCS_2018_Surname_Forename_Poster.pdf
Topic and eligibility:
The symposium is intended to display leading edge Research and Development in Mechanical Engineering which is currently being undertaken at Universities in Ireland. Only four students per University may submit and present a poster. Each student should have completed 1 year of postgraduate research in their institute.
The format of the poster should be as follows:
- Size: A1
- Profile: portrait
- Margins: 25mm
- The name of the postgraduate student, their supervisor(s) and collaborator(s) should be clearly displayed.
- Electronic version. Participants should bring the printed poster in A1 format and will have an opportunity on the Wednesday morning to display the poster for the workshop. Each of the posters will be printed in the Proceedings and so an electronic version of each poster is required by 23rd March 2018.
- As you will also be presenting your poster in PowerPoint to the audience, please submit a Power Point file and a .pdf file of the poster to email@example.com . The dimensions of the proceedings are 185x245mm (slightly larger than A5). Please bear this in mind when choosing the font sizes etc.