Staff: Dr Michel Destrade
Dr Michel Destrade
Marie Curie Research Fellow
Curie Research Fellow 2008 - 2010
Room No.: 155
353 1 716 1743
Fax: + 353 1 283 0534
BSc Hons, Agregation, MSc, PhD, Habilitation
- Mechanics, Applied Mathematics
of biological soft tissue
under finite deformation
linearized, and nonlinear elastic waves
Research Groups: Members of Research Group
Gilchrist, Associate Professor
Aisling Ni Annaidh, PhD Student
- Rashid Badar, PhD Student
- Michael Hayes, Professor Emeritus
- Ray Ogden FRS, E.T.S. Walton Visitor
Current Research Projects: The following list gives my current sponsored projects:
solid biomechanics: theory, experiments, computations, applications
(Marie Curie Fellowship - FP7)
modeling of growth for soft biological tissues
of soft biological tissues, growth, adaptation, and stability
communicative stent for follow-up of abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Biological soft tissues beyond their elastic
- Mechanics of biological soft tissues and biomaterials (E.T.S. Walton Visitor Award - SFI)
Selected Publications on Nonlinear Solid Biomechanics:
- M. Destrade, M.D. Gilchrist, R.W. Ogden. Third- and fourth-order elasticity of biological soft tissues,
Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, (to appear).
- M. Destrade, A. Ni Annaidh, C.D. Coman. Bending instabilities of soft biological tissues,
International Journal of Solids and Structures, 46 (2009) 4322-4330.
- M. Destrade, G. Saccomandi, I. Sgura. Inhomogeneous shear of orthotropic incompressible non-linearly elastic solids: Singular solutions and biomechanical interpretation,
International Journal of Engineering Science (invited contribution to special issue in memory of A.J.M. Spencer),47 (2009) 1170-1181.
- M. Destrade, M.D. Gilchrist, D.A. Prikazchikov, G. Saccomandi. Surface instability of sheared soft tissues. Journal of Biomechanical
Engineering, 130 (2008) 061007.
- M.D. Gilchrist, S. Keenan, M. Curtis, M. Cassidy, G. Byrne, M. Destrade. Measuring knife stab penetration into skin simulant using a novel biaxial tension device,
Forensic Science International, 177 (2008) 52–65.
- J. Mazeyrat, O. Romain, P. Garda, E. Flecher, P. Leprince, P.Y. Lagree, M. Destrade. Wireless communicative stent for follow-up of abdominal aortic aneurysm,
Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE Biomedical Circuits and Systems
- A. Goriely, M. Destrade, M. Ben Amar. Instabilities in elastomers and soft tissues,
Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, 59 (2006) 615-630.
Editorial Board Member of International
Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, Open
Acoustics Journal, International
Journal of Applied Mechanics, Quarterly
Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics.
Additional Information Here:
More details about my research, including PDFs of my articles, can be found