Post-Doc Opportunities as Grant Facilitators
As we enter our third year of the current SMMS research strategy, UCD MR proposes to implement strategic investment in the currently identified research centres, groups and themes in order to facilitate their development towards reaching the ultimate goal of producing world-class research in UCD SMMS.
The first of these initiatives is aimed at maximising applications to the HRB Clinical Trials Networks funding call in 2014.
UCD MR Initiative #1 – Grant Facilitators HRB Clinical Trials Networks funding call in 2014
We are looking to recruit the assistance of a number of research scientists, post-doctoral researchers and/or persons with contracts of indefinite duration to act as Grant Facilitators to facilitate UCD MR-affiliated researcher PIs in compiling applications to the HRB call.
The aim of this initiative is to also improve the training opportunities for these staff members in the area of ‘grantsmanship’. The ‘Grant Facilitators’ will be expected to work closely with the PI to ensure the application is completed successfully.
Responsibilities of Grant Facilitators will include:
- Obtaining written permission from their current Lead PI to act as a Grant Facilitator for the defined period required by this funding call
- Completing online application forms with information such as curriculum vitae, publications and data on previous awards for co-applicants and collaborators
- Coordinating with UCD MR to organise relevant meetings / teleconferences of network applicants as appropriate
- Compilation of generic information for use within specific sections of the application form
- Coordinating any relevant letters of support required for applications
- Submission of feedback to UCD MR on process
Responsibilities of UCDMR-affiliated researcher PI applying for awards will include:
- Access to computers, printing facilities etc. for Grant Facilitator
- Managing the grant facilitors including providing a positive training experience and appropriate feedback on the application process including referees reports etc.
- Responsibility for submission content to HRB Clinical Trials Networks funding call
- On time submission of the applications to the HRB Clinical Trials Networks funding call
- Submission of Feedback to UCD MR on process
UCD MR Financial Resources:
The HRB Clinical Trials Networks scheme use a two stage application process consisting of:
- Stage 1: Open call for Pre Proposals
- Stage 2: Invitation to selected applicants to submit full proposals.
Stage 1: Open call for Pre Proposals
Upon successful submission of a Pre Proposalapplication, each Grant Facilitator will receive €2,500 to facilitate their own research goals transferred into a dedicated R account in the name of the Grant Facilitator
Stage 2: Invitation to selected applicants to submit full proposals.
Upon successful submission of a Full Proposalapplication, each Grant Facilitator will receive €2,500 to facilitate their own research goals transferred into a dedicated R account in the name of the Grant Facilitator
Use of the funds will be restricted to purchase of research consumables, and or towards costs of participating in conferences.
Please note that the funds cannot be used to support salaries.
UCD MR Deadlines:
- Closing date for applications from UCDMR-affiliated researchers to access grant facilitators by 17:00 Monday 10th February 2014 to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Closing date for Post-Doctoral Researchers grant facilitators applications by 17:00 Friday 14th February 14 2014 to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Grant facilitators will be assigned to successful UCDMR-affiliated researcher applicants by 17:00 Monday 17th February 2014
- The deadline for the submission of Pre Proposal HRB Clinical Trials Networks application via https://grants.hrb.ie (https://grants.hrb.ie/) is 13:00 Friday 7 March 2014
- Submission of Feedback to UCD MR on process by 17:00 Monday 28th April 2014
For Further information please contact:
Research Administration Manager
UCD School of Medicine and Medical Science,
Health Science Centre,Belfield, Dublin 4.
Tel: +353 1 716 6738|Email: email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Visit our website
UCD MR Annual Report 2012