Undergraduate Membership of International Association of Hospice & Palliative Care
The International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care is pleased to announce a free one-year membership to undergraduate college/university students of any discipline.
IAHPC membership benefits include:
- Free unlimited on-line access and downloads for full text articles from leading palliative care journals, including Palliative Medicine, International Journal of Palliative Nursing, Journal of Palliative Medicine, Indian Journal of Palliative Care, Progress in Palliative Care and the Journal of Pain and Palliative Care Pharmacology;
- Free IAHPC monthly e-newsletters with updates on palliative care advances around the world;
- Free access to the IAHPC’s website with resources; and
- The opportunity to participate in IAHPC’s global activities including global advocacy to improve access to palliative care treatment and care and projects on essential medicines and essential palliative care practices.
Membership is valid for one year only and can be renewed annually at no cost as long as the undergraduate status is maintained and demonstrated. The following must be provided:
- A copy of a valid, current Student ID or Student card
- A certificate from the school/university certifying that the applicant is an undergraduate student. The certificate should be not older than 3 months.
IAHPC Chair Prof. Lukas Radbruch commented:
“The IAHPC provides today’s undergraduate students – the future professionals- the opportunity to learn and enhance their palliative care skills and knowledge”.
Executive Director Liliana De Lima said.
“It’s exciting that undergraduate students will be able to tap into the IAHPC resources and services. This will lead to increased awareness and earlier learning and understanding about palliative care”
Ana Restrepo, IAHPC Operations Officer, said:
“We look forward to working with the undergraduate student members and providing them the support they need through our programs.”
The undergraduate student application is online in the IAHPC website.
The International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC) is a not for profit organization that works to improve the quality of life of adults and children with life-threatening conditions and their families, by advancing hospice and palliative care programs, education, research, and favorable policies around the world. For more information, please visit our website.