The Peter Dervan Medal for Excellence in Cancer Pathology
The Peter Dervan Medal has been established in recognition of the immense contribution of the late Professor Peter Dervan to the field of pathology. Professor Dervan, an eminent pathologist and researcher as well as a renowned educator and mentor, was the former Professor of Pathology at UCD. It is thus fitting that this award be named in his honour.
- Direct entry undergraduate medicine students wishing to be considered in the competition are asked to submit their results for two specific modules taken at the identified semesters:
- ONCOLOGY IMMUNOPATHOLOGY: Taken in the January - May Semester 2 – 2015
- HAEMATOLOGY AND IMMUNOSUPPRESSION: Taken in the September - December Semester 1 2015
2. Graduate entry medicine students wishing to be considered in the competition are asked to submit their results for:
- ONCOLOGY IMMUNOPATHOLOGY: Taken in the January - May Semester 2 2015
- HAEMATOLOGY AND IMMUNOSUPPRESSION: Taken in the September - December Semester 1 2014
Results for these two modules should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 26th February 2016 by 5pm, with the phrase PROFESSOR PETER DERVAN MEMORIAL MEDAL in the subject/header of the email.
Applicant students will be ranked by the average of the two modules and the top 4 – 6 students will be invited to present for a Viva Voce to a panel of pathologists in the week beginning Monday 14th March 2016.
(The exact time date and venue for the Viva Voce to be confirmed).
Download flyer here Peter Dervan Medal 2015/2016
Although this is likely to be an extremely competitive process, all interested students are encouraged to apply for the competition.