Project Champion, Curriculum Review and Enhancement
The University is entering a major Curriculum Review and Enhancement cycle in line with the strategic drive supporting educational excellence. To enable a trans-University approach, each programme board has been asked to nominate a project champion who will liaise with programme leadership in the associated School(s) and with the appropriate University committees to lead a review of the programme outcomes, the mapping of these outcomes and any subsequent programme enhancements.
The scope of the project will cover all undergraduate and taught graduate programmes. Professor Jason Last (Associate Dean and Director of Educational Development & Academic Affairs) invites expressions of interest from those with significant experience in programme design, change management and leadership.
Further detail regarding the role of Project Champion and desired attributes, can be found in appendix 3 of the linked Curriculum Review and Enhancement Project document and are also summarised below. Any expressions of interest should be a short document outlining how you satisfy the required selection criteria. The Registrar has indicated that Project Champions will be allocated an €8000 bursary to support them in fulfilling their role. This may be used to support:
- Academic activities including grading, research analysis, and teaching to create time to undertake the Project Champion role;
- Individual development/project requirements including CPD, conference and/or other educational activities.
The Project Champion selection criteria
- Experience planning complex projects and leading them to completion, at the level of the unit/school/college/institution
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills with the ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Evidence of academic leadership and collegiality, possessing the ability to motivate others
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills with the ability to build productive professional relationships
- A track record in leading curriculum or programme development at school/subject/programme/college level
- Evidence of strong on-going professional development in teaching approaches, pedagogy and/or curriculum design
Expressions of interest should be sent to Professor Last by email by 3.00pm on Wednesday 14th October 2015.