Research Without Borders
Our students can avail of numerous elective opportunities at home and abroad. These electives allow students to explore in further depth topics of relevance to their degree programme.
Research and clinical elective opportunities are highly prized among Medicine students and are competitively awarded, based on an essay competition.
Student scholarships, sponsored by the School, the Medical Graduate Association, Atlantic Bridge and the UCD Foundation, support summer electives in a number of Universities including:
- Emory Healthcare, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA
- Lankenau Medical Centre, Pennsylvania, USA
- Mayo Clinic, Minnesota, USA
- Penang Medical College, Malaysia
- University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- University of California, USA
- University of Kansas, USA
- University of Pennsylvania, USA
- University of Queensland, Australia
- Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, USA