- Equips participants with the knowledge, skills and competencies to allow them to complete programmes of clinical investigation and translational research.
- Develops core research competencies and clinical and translational research principles.
- Instructs students in the principles and practice of clinical trials, the development of novel technologies, and critical appraisal skills.
- Affords participants the opportunity to spend time with the research teams in the UCD Clinical Research Centre to observe clinical trials in action. (A 30 credit research project is included in year 2 of the programme).
- Includes input from industry partners and opportunities for industry interaction. Here you will gain an understanding of clinical research in companies from the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and clinical research industry.
- Positions graduates to progress with a research career
- Based at the UCD Clinical Research Centre
The MSc in Clinical and Translational Research aims to train the next generation of investigators who will lead cutting edge clinical research into the future. We value high quality clinical research as the means to ensure novel interventions are developed to improve patients’ lives. We deliver our programme through a blend of on-line learning followed by time in an active Clinical Research Centre, thereby ensuring students are taught by and gain experience alongside expert staff and internationally renowned investigators. A comprehensive programme of hands on practical experience is a core element of the course, complementing online and classroom based learning. Student assessment is focused on evaluating practical as well as theoretical skills and knowledge. This unique learning environment exposes students to high quality clinical research.