- Covers contemporary radiation safety issues for industry, medical and biomedical applications.
- Introduces radiation workers to the principles of the physics of radiation safety and the application of these principles.
- Provides the necessary tools for those who will become trainers in radiation protection and in the safe use of radiation sources in their profession.
The course will be divided into 10 sections, all of which will be delivered via online learning methods. This course will attract participants from a variety of backgrounds and training. Radiation Safety Officers are employed in the medical, biomedical and industrial sectors, and professional training is required by law.
- Introduction to fundamental concepts
- Units of radiation exposure and dose
- Biological effects of ionising radiation
- Radiation detection and measurement
- Legal issues and international framework in radiation safety
- Assessment of internal and external exposures
- Protection against occupational exposure
- Emergency planning; non-ionising radiation
Each student will also choose a specialty from either diagnostic radiography, radiation therapy or industrial applications of ionising radiation depending on their area of interest.